Saturday 22 March 2014

body image issue

In this blog I want to talk to you all about body image. It's a topic I feel strongly about, so many girls and guys are worried about how They look. Society has an effect on us all when it come down to are image.I know me and some of my friends Have really been affected by Low self-esteem and body image issues.  I think won reason why so many of use have these  issue is because society has this perfect ideal looking person that is portrayed in the Media. over the years we have been conditioned in to thinking that people should look a serten way. if you don't look a sertern way and you look supposedly different then you get singled out and picked on. if you have a  womanly figure people think your fat when your not.
 Young people want to luck like that person on the magazine.  they try and make them self look like exactly like what they see. Witch is Impossible because the Media  have made models and celebrates look like that by air brushing. They use technology to create the perfect image the perfect person.as a society we think it  wrong to be curvy and to have a bum and boobs. Why is it that society thinks that stick thin people  are good looking un sexy.? It always the thin girl that look toned or the guy with abs that have the main roles. curvy girls are always the best friend in the the supporting role.

for me growing up i got bullied about my image i was the quirky girl with round  glasses and braces
i remember if when i was a kid and looking at people in movies and saying i wish i look that beautiful
and thin i thought i was fat at the age of 8. i wonted to look like the other girls at school. i wonted to be perfect. i remember when i was a young teen i had just started middle school  i put on a Stone and i cried i thought i was fat and made my self lose the Stone again. i honestly thought i was ugly i had more people saying that i didn't look nice than i had saying i was pretty.
 my sister thought she was fat she would say to me i need to lose wight am not thin enough  I'm not pretty. my sister as always been sick thin and petty i wanted to be like her. i wanted to grow up looking like Hannah Montana or any of these other TV Disney stars.  i would binge eat and then i would stop eat for to days because i felt guilty i was like this for many years . i never felt pretty enough even to this day.

last September i stop eating probably at all i would hardly eat anything, and if i did i have to make my self sick and or take laxatives. i look in the mirror and say i look ugly you cant see what other people see. i look on the Internet for ways of losing weight. id take lose wight pills. i wanted to look like anything but me i would of taken plastic surgery if some had offed it to me. all because i wanted to look like this perfect that i soure on a magazine and on TV. i punished my self for the way i looked, i thought it was the reason now won wonted to go out with me. my self esteem was at rock botem. I got diagnosed with a eating disorder in December last year.

i still have my eating disorder but i have manged to get to a place were i don't feel bad and insecure with out make up i never use to be able to go out side with spending a hour or tow on my appearance i was so paranoid about how i looked. i try now  and love my self as i am there surten thing i cant change about how i look. am never going to look like that girl on the magazine because the girl on the magazine doesn't look like that either.  i would like to point out, i no i have a big problem with my image which i am constantly working to try and improve the way i see my self.

i have friends who have had  smiler problems to me, and it horrible to see. they cant see what i see how  pretty they look. i believe every won look pretty in there own right. and beauty is a state of mind. to me some who as no hair is beautiful, some who as scars for some reason or a unusual mark on there face it dose make them any the less. pretty and stunning and beautiful.

It horrible how society see image and how it controls a lot of are life's. it horrible haw it afect young people as young as 6 how developed eating problems and self image issues it not right. yes there are people  who have positive views on image and serten people and organisations are changing people mides about the way they see image. but it not enough we need to more to raise awareness and teach young people about positive ways to see body image.  society and conditioned and brain washed are mind in to thinking and seeing thing in a particular way.

i would love to see a magazine that  has pictures of girls and guys wearing no make up and showing people how to look after you skin in heathey ways. show people that is OK to have curves and you don't have have abs to look sexy.

and to everyown   out there who don't think there beautiful or pretty you are don't listen to what any won else says !  love is loder than the presure to be perfect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment